Grounding costs

In order to meet today’s electricity standards, it is always important to remember that a grounding system must be installed in your home. Grounding is something that must always be done by a professional electrician. When it comes to grounding, you should not only take into account its installation, but you should also consider the measurements that need to be taken for verification purposes. Are you looking for more detailed information as well as a good estimate of the costs involved? In that case you’ll find everything you are looking for on this page.

How much does grounding cost?

The price for grounding in your home depends on several factors. When you search the internet or if you request quotations from different electricians, it’s not uncommon to receive completely different responses. The price may also vary. On average, you’ll spend a few hundred dollars on grounding, but this sum is often much lower. Why is that exactly?

The reason why there are many different prices for grounding is that, for example, no concrete tests are carried out. It’s also possible that there isn’t any assistance with inspection, preventing you from getting a guarantee. A really good and reliable electrician will always offer you various proposals. For example, you will usually receive several quotations from which you can choose and which will give you a good idea of the average costs for grounding.

Type of job Average cost
Realizing grounding in your home Between 220 & 380 dollars


You want to be absolutely sure that you don’t pay too much for grounding in your home or if you don’t want to be confronted with unpleasant surprises, it’s always important to seek advice from different electricians. This is especially the case when you don’t have much knowledge about electricity yourself. Before you know it you’ll get into trouble, with all the unpleasant consequences this entails.

Price structure of realizing grounding

The above costs show you how much the realization of grounding in your home would cost. Now that you have an estimate, it is still important to find out how this price is build up. For the installation of grounding, the majority of the costs will be paid for by the material cost. This accounts for 60 percent of all costs. The remaining 40 percent is to cover the labor costs. It is important to know that the so-called call-out costs are also included in this amount.

The cost of grounding has by no means been determined. If you were to request quotations from several specialized companies, you would see that they’ll all quote different prices, something which you can use to your benefit. Not only the price may vary, but also the services offered. Comparing apples with pears is never really interesting and the same is certainly true for the realization of grounding in your home. By making a correct, objective comparison, you may achieve a neat saving of up to 40 percent.

Interesting savings tips

Grounding in your home is an activity that doesn’t really have to cost a lot of money. That’s great. Yet for many people who are building or renovating, every dollar counts. For this reason, we have listed a number of very interesting savings tips for you that can still help to reduce the costs of grounding in your home.

  • Choose an electrician from your own area. Part of the labor costs that are charged for the realization of grounding consists of so-called call-out costs. These costs are charged by the electrician in order to reimburse the fuel for the miles driven. This way of working ensures that the further the distance, the higher the call-out costs will be. Choosing to hire an electrician from nearby may save you some.
  • Quantity discount for grounding. If a check has been carried out on the electricity in your house, there’s a very good chance that this will also be done to other people nearby. If you need to install grounding, other homes might need the same. If this is the case, you can save some extra by requesting a quotation from one and the same party. You’ll get a volume discount of up to 10 percent. Of course, we don’t exaggerate when we say that a nice saving that is good for everybody.
  • To compare is to save. The best saving tip we can give you with regard to realizing grounding in your home is to request multiple quotations. It’s something that not many people do because it takes time. But requesting and comparing quotations from different electricians for grounding is always a good idea. Not only can you save a considerable amount, but you’ll also get a crystal clear picture of the exact work that needs to be carried out.